Saturday, December 4, 2010

14 Days in a row...

... not a single day off.

True story!

However, anything and everything "RAWards" is finally finished-- at least the portion of the event that isn't produced live in front of 2,000 people. It's relieving to have the paperwork out of the way and the 200 pounds of Vitamin Water secured in the back seat of my Mustang (for the gift bags).

Producing our biggest event of the year is one thing, producing it in the middle of trying to launch 17 city showcases, national marketing, creating viral buzz, negotiating contracts with 17 venues, documentary prep and bathing myself... that is another.

The only reason I remembered that it's Christmas time is because the property manager of our office building erected a 15 foot tree in the lobby. My brothers and sister are going to kill me when they discover I got them all a group gift card to Chili's.

Anyways... here is a picture of my desk in current state.

Luckily for me I have a very rare, neurotic strength/weakness they call "Tornado Syndrome" -- which includes the following symptoms: you let everything around you pile up for a certain amount of time, while you focus on one thing really specifically and intensely, and just when everyone around you thinks you're an irresponsible, lazy, slob... a burst of energy emerges and you fix everything in your life from laundry to relationships. Then everything is squeaky clean again until you realize your next overwhleming project. Yep, that's me- sounds selfish to type it out, perhaps it is. However, this is how I do my best work.

Unfortunately there is no cure for "Tornado Syndrome" which is also referred to as "Tunnel Vision" -- I've been diagnosed by my boyfriend several times.

You see, there is hope for my desk. AND.. .just as a disclaimer in case anyone thinks I'm a lazy slob, definitely not and definitely don't enjoy "mess" in general. It's just Maslow's Hierarchy of needs -- BACKWARDS!

First, I will be creative and problem solve and soon I will reach the bottom of the pyramid where I can bask in the red rectangle of sleep, food and water.

Ok. I admit that I'm delirious. Blog number two has taken a strage turn. Don't judge me.
(I would delete this, but this is the real, RAW story, I promised not to filter the RAWness... right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment